Child & Youth Advocacy Centre
In 2020 – 2021 we will complete the Needs Assessment, Feasibility Study and develop the service model for a Child Advocacy centre in the Cowichan Valley.
Currently, our Community Based Victim Services program is run in collaboration with MCFD, RCMP and the Island Health Forensic Nurse Department. We seek to explore and build a more trauma-informed and culturally appropriate interviewing/care for children experiencing sexual abuse.
Our focus for this initial year includes the following activities:
• Collect data (Quantitative & Qualitative) to complete the Needs Assessment
• Confirm partner agreements
• Develop a strategy for Cowichan Valley
• Confirm resources required
Develop Service Model
• Develop systems, policies & procedures
• Develop orientation manuals
• Facilitate partner meetings