- CWAV Society likes to be adopted by individuals and groups who want to support us by holding events that raise money for our programs and services. We call these third-party fundraisers. They are a great way to get your friends, family and customers engaged in a cause you support!
CWAV has gratefully received generous donations from many successful events hosted by others. Check out our COMMUNITY SUPPORTERS PAGE to see other individuals and groups who have successfully raised funds in support of CWAV’s programs!!
It takes time and effort to plan and conduct a successful event, and our staff will work with you so you can achieve the best possible results from your third-party fundraiser. Our tips on planning successful fundraisers and sample budget can help you plan the event.
CWAV Society supports and approves fundraising activities that are compatible with the agency’s mandate, philosophy and goals. All fundraising activities are evaluated using the following four step test:
- Is the activity in keeping with the policies and mandate of the agency? (CWAV Society provides supportive services for women and children from a feminist and anti-violence perspective.)
- Will the activity instill and/or reinforce the public’s and clients’ confidence in the agency?
- What is the impact of the event?
- Will it have a good outcome?
CWAV Society will have input into and must approve all promotional materials promoting the event, including on social media, and any information that will be shared about the agency at the event itself.
Once you decide on an event, complete the event proposal and submit it by email to email@example.com or mail it to CWAV Society, 246 Evans Street, Duncan, V9L 1P8 or fax it to 250-748-9364.
If you would like to discuss the proposal before submitting it, contact Resource Development Director, Jan Bate at (250) 748-7000, Extension 118.
Once the event is approved, the event organizer will need to sign an agreement to the terms of CWAV Society’s support for the event.